There is a lot to learn from your Enterprise Agreement (EA) contract from Microsoft, and we can help you make sense of it all. And sometimes, there are key indicators within those reports that may help you to adjust your usage and save money.
What are the most important parts to review in my EA report?
There are a few areas to pay attention to when reviewing your Enterprise Agreement report.
1. Date details – Be sure to pay attention to contract dates, so that you can know when your usage will be renewed. You can also review which months seem to absorb the most, and adjust accordingly. You may be pre-purchasing more than is necessary, so knowing those annual beginning and end dates is a great first start to managing your account.
2. Commitment balance – Always be sure to assess how much of your commitment remains until the end of your usage year. This usage is “use it or lose it”, so it pays to be knowledgeable about the needed amount of usage, or possibly even determine ways to absorb your extra balance with a further investment before it is lost.
3. Commitment Limit – On the reverse side of the EA spending coin is the commitment limit. During your enterprise agreement negotiation phase, Microsoft and your organization determined a commitment limit of usage that you cannot exceed within your EA calendar year. Knowing that limit helps to avoid running out of investment availability which can lead to serious limitations until your agreement renews. Understanding your commitment limit also helps to avoid overage costs.
4. Consumption over time – What you spend monthly is important, as is what is consumed over time, which can show business trends and give deeper insight to help you save money and understand the way your virtual machines function.
5. Credit – Many times, customers aren’t aware that they are granted credits from Microsoft for various reasons. Be sure to double check your account history and search for credit, which will appear in orange. Keeping track of these credits can help you to optimize your balance and track your investment over time.
There are a lot of ways in which is pays to be an Enterprise Agreement customer, including exclusive Microsoft discounts. Layering that with the understanding to self-manage your agreement and knowledge around your usage will optimize your investment.
If you have additional questions regarding your Enterprise Agreement, contact a New Signature expert today.