Digital business is disrupting every industry and to stay relevant and thrive in the digital economy, more and more companies are embracing open innovation and are breaking the traditional barriers. Rapid innovation is essential to accelerate time to value by harnessing the power of iterative and on-demand feedback from internal and external experts in the field across a multitude of networks. Even though open innovation and crowdsourcing are not a new phenomenon and have been around for a long time (Wikipedia, Government\University\Industry collaborations), they have become paramount to survive the disruptive innovation.
External collaboration is on the rise and this is apparent in a variety of ways – companies are engaging and involving consumers of their goods and services in product development and enhancement, forming unlikely partnerships with digital disrupters in their industry (Uber\Toyota, GM\Lyft), and are creating innovation teams to persevere the continuous digital disruption. A productivity solution is required to meet the cross boundary immediate action and closure demands to expedite the innovation cycles. Microsoft GigJam solves these needs, it provides instant and on-the-go huddles with spontaneous, momentary sharing across heterogeneous applications and devices with internal and external collaborators.
GigJam resolves the impediments that users face with other technologies that lead to missed opportunities; such as revealing too much information or loss of privacy via screen sharing, leaving a trace of shared data, sharing that lasts longer than necessary or is permanent, and access to same apps and systems. GigJam uses OAuth to connect to applications and creates an abstraction layer that connects the application and does not refactor existing applications. The tool ensures security by sharing only the required data for the period necessary by setting an expiration date and allowing to terminate access prior to expiration, which is critical especially when collaborating with external resources. No additional license is required to start using GigJam in your tenant.
- Enable GigJam under services and add-ins in the Office 365 admin portal.
- Download the GigJam app for either PC, a Mac, iPhone or Android.
- Create a gig and set a time limit to few hours, days, or never expire. End any gigs before they expire.
- Add documents from several SaaS sources, not just Microsoft apps. Microsoft continues to expand the sources since the product has launched.
- Redact or include specific portions of the document with simple gestures such as crossing out (remove content) or circling (select content). When multiple team members submit their sections, the owner can use a playback feature to see which changes were made by which user.
- Share with internal or external collaborators in See with Me (read only) or Work with Me (edit) modes. GigJam also supports voice activated commands on mobile devices currently.
- Respond via email, chat, phone, or work online together.
It is that simple to quickly ideate, generate, iterate, and enhance through ad-hoc, momentary collaboration with GigJam and unleash the power of open innovation.