As a proud sponsor of the Security Education Conference Toronto (SecTor), New Signature is pleased to announce Canada Director General for National Cyber Security, Colleen Merchant, as this year’s opening keynote speaker.
Colleen Merchant has a rich background in science, technology and security. She began her career in 1986 at the Johnson Space Centre, where her time was spent in the Mission Control Centre as a flight controller specializing in multi-body trajectory analysis and rendezvous flight dynamics. In 1993, she moved to the Canadian Space Agency where she was responsible for the development and implementation of their manned space flight control centre and integration of civilian and military space programs at DND. Ms. Merchant moved to the Communications Security Establishment of Canada (CSEC) in 2004, and then joined the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat’s (TBS’s) Chief Information Officer Branch in April 2011 as the Executive Director of Government Security. Ms. Merchant returned to the Canadian Space Agency in September 2013 where she is the Director of Programs and Integrated Planning, and is now the Director General of National Cyber Security at Public Safety Canada.
In addition to Merchant, SecTor will host sessions from experts in areas of technolog, management, and fundamentals of security. We believe this line-up will create one of the most engaging, educational and thought-provoking IT security sessions Toronto has ever seen.
The full list of speakers and their sessions can be found at www.sector.ca/speakers.
- WHAT: Security Education Conference Toronto (SecTor) – Illuminating the Black Arts of Security
- WHEN: Novemeber 13-15, 2017
- WHERE: Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building, in downtown Toronto
- REGISTRATION: www.sector.ca
SecTor takes place in the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (MTCC) on November 14 and 15, with pre-conference training and sessions on November 13. Join us and take advantage of the exceptional value we provide:
- Over 50 sessions and keynotes from the industry’s most respected and trusted experts
- The largest Expo of leading IT Security vendors and interactive centres in Canada
- The Expo Theatre – where you can meet and learn from our sponsors
- SecTor lounge brought to you by IBM
- Networking event for all attendees at the Steam Whistle Brewing’s Roundhouse
- (ISC)² member reception at The OverDraft Irish Pub
- IoT Hack Lab and the Lock Pick Village return
- Register today and receive up to 24 CPE credits.
Illuminating the Black Art of Security. Now entering its 11th year, SecTor has built a reputation of bringing together experts from around the world to share their latest research and techniques involving underground threats and corporate defences. The conference provides an unmatched opportunity for IT Professionals and Managers to connect with their peers and learn from their mentors.. More information is available at www.sector.ca and you can follow the latest news and announcements on Twitter and Facebook.