“What are we?” It’s a common question you may hear when in a personal relationship. The difference between strangers, friends, boyfriends/girlfriends, and spouses spreads from one end of the spectrum to the other. What are the differentiators between strangers, friends, and more? What helps to cultivate the varying levels of relationships, and how can we relate this very human understanding of relationships to our treatment of professional and managed services layered with great customer experiences.
At New Signature, the quality of our customers’ experiences is the most important indicator of our success. Whether we are providing one time technology solutions via professional services, or ongoing operations via managed services, we aim to provide the best customized experiences for every unique customer by leveraging our high level of expertise and full-stack of capabilities to overcome their challenges. We work to take potential customers (strangers) into a relationship that will develop into a committed union through understanding of needs and roles of each side of the partnership. It is the relationship—each one planted in the soil of solution and cultivated and nurtured by layering it with additional service that will alleviate their pain points and nourish their growth.
In customer relationships, when we construct a solution or provide managed services for a customer, we enter into a relationship; we move from being acquaintances when we are discussing their options to closing a deal and being serious about the partnership and connection. In order to make this relationship successful, there are a number of aspects that should be considered in order to maintain harmonious long term partnership for which we strive in managed services. Like any good relationship, there is give-and-take from both ends. Both sides have a responsibility to uphold the needs of the other, to respect each other and to foster a mutually beneficial partnership.
Some examples of this give-and take that create a mutually-beneficial partnership are:
- Strengths: We work together, combining our strengths to create a strong unified partnership.
- Roles: New Signature has to ensure that the right talent is placed in the appropriate roles in order to carry out the relationship properly. You always bring you’re A-game to your relationship.
- Communication: A relationship without communication isn’t one at all. Each side of a solution must discuss success, issues, strategies for success, and check-in to ensure the relationship is on the path that each side finds agreeable. Some of our check-ins at New Signature include regular reporting on service levels, customer satisfaction and quarterly business reviews.
- Honesty: In order to solve our customers’ problems, we need honesty. And at New Signature, we pride ourselves on being Human and Generous, so our transparency with our customers upfront creates the trust we need so that we can take a relationship with them to the next level.
- Issue Resolution: Every relationship has ups and downs, and when our customers face challenges or we are not satisfying their needs, we use our honesty, communication and strengths in our roles to provide the quickest resolution for them and maintain harmony, proving that even when things aren’t perfect, we are still as committed.
By utilizing these basic principles in our everyday interactions with each of our customers, we can move our relationships from serious commitments to life-long loyalties that resemble more of a long term partnership than a relationship. When we can prove to our customers that we are trustworthy, and can meet their needs unlike any other providers, we are creating not only committed partners that won’t look elsewhere, but also we are cultivating promoters – those who will speak on our behalf in the community, and be proud to be associated and connected to us.
Our goal a New Signature is not to hypnotize customers to believe we are their best partner. We are here to prove that we are the best partner because of our commitment to be real with them, to be generous and work hard with our talents and skills to cultivate genuine trust and long-term commitment to their businesses and ours.
We have answered the question “what are we?” for our customers. And that answer is that we are their partner—up or down, challenges or solutions—we are there to help make their environment exactly what they need to create their own success. And if we can achieve that—creating authentic relationship’s and quality experiences and solutions for our customers—then we, too, have succeeded.